- This event has passed.
January 17 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm PSTFree
Melbourne Australia will play host to the inaugural WTCA Professional Pathway workshop on January 17, 2020.
Summer Down Under is one of the most exciting stops on the professional tour, and we know coaches are going to be thrilled to be part of the action!
This time around registration is free. The workshop will be a one-day intensive session held at Melbourne Park on the last day of qualifying for the Australian Open.
Coaches must have completed the WTCA baseline course to be eligible to participate. For your chance to learn from the best in the game, sign up today to avoid missing out on the spot in the workshop.
The workshop will be lead by Sarah Stone and Ann Grossman Wunderlich; coaches will engage in match play and practice session assessments along with the opportunity to connect with a coach working with one of the players in the Australian Open draw.
- The coach-player relationship – Q and A with top player
- Scout a practice session – observing player-coach interaction.
- Coaches to take individual notes taken about things they notice about the session.
- Review practice as a group – talk about what transpired during the session.
- Meet with a coach of player from the session – WPP Coaches have the
- opportunity to ask the WTA coach about the session
- Watch a match – coaches to take notes from what the observe
- Pre-match and post-match routines